- When trying to keep the cost of running a business to a minimum, it is important to remember the mantra “make do or do without”. Those who have bootstrapped their business from the ground up understand that to be successful you don’t have to have everything, rather you need to learn to use what you have to your advantage. This can pertain to employees, office supplies, business space, technology solutions, etc. The money you save can be put towards other aspects of your business that will need funding as you continue to grow.
- Take inventory of your business “needs” and compare them to your business “wants”. Are there certain areas of your business where there might be excess funds and energy being spent? Are all of your employees working at full capacity or can some of their responsibilities be consolidated? Is your workplace too large? Are there employees who would benefit from working remotely? Are you utilizing all of your funds adequately? Keeping costs low can sometimes be as easy as taking a look around you and reorganizing your funds, efforts and materials.
- Take advantage of free ways to get your name out there such as PR press releases, Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, Google Business Pages, and other social networking services.
- Enlist the help of an inventory software to keep track of the item quantity, status and inventory stock location of incoming and outgoing inventory supplies. A huge loss of money for businesses comes from losing track of items, having too many or too little in stock and being disorganized. Inventory software solves all of these problems for you without all of the hassle and potential for error that can result from doing it by hand. It also allows you to put together entire reports on the history of purchases, sales, etc. that can be beneficial when it comes to potential investors, financial reports, etc.
- It takes money to make money and while marketing can be an expensive process, if done strategically a little bit can go a long way. Your best tool is word-of-mouth advertising, it’s free and effective however takes a little effort on your part to network with individuals around you. Get involved in your community and field of work. Attend business and community events and conventions and seek out opportunities to share your knowledge with others by being a guest speaker whenever possible. If you don’t have the money for a booth at business conventions, go and network by making your way through the convention center and talking with anyone you come in contact with.
To learn more about the top inventory management software with a proven ROI, explore InFlow’s inventory software and see how it can help improve your business efficiency.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6389827