Each of us either have, experience or feel fear either in certain situations, or under some scenarios or conditions. Having a fear (or fears) has nothing to do with one’s overall courage, ability or chances to succeed, but rather it is how we proceed to overcome these, and transform them into additional strengths, experiences, and inevitable expertise, that determines how we will end up.
Only when we begin by admitting that it is normal to have some fears, and that we possess some, and make the decision to proceed forward in a direction that propels us towards our goals and aspirations, we become stronger and far more directed.
Therefore, to overcome your fears, it might be helpful to take these 7 ACTIONS.
1. Like nearly everything in life, how fear impacts us depends on our overall attitude. When this is a positive, can – do type, we are exponentially stronger and better positioned to succeed. Pay keen attention to how you can become better and what needs to be done. When this is the consistent behavior, it nearly always enhances our potential and aptitude.
2. Avoid the tendency to either panic or become overly possessed by what makes you fearful, and proceed in a calm, collected manner. It is far easier to be creative when you begin the process with a clear head.
3. It is rarely enough to merely do something, or do wait an undue amount of time before you do so! The best approach is to be prepared, self – confident, and take timely action. Be careful to avoid the tendency towards procrastination.
4. Regardless of how important it may be do take action, it loses most of its value unless these are based on quality ideas and ideologies. Be able and willing to maintain absolute integrity in everything you do!
5. One of the most overlooked behaviors is enhancing your ability to objectively observe what is happening, and focus on perceiving of and understanding the various options available. When you are consistently prepared, you become better able to be ready and willing to opt for the best alternative, and to recognize and act on opportunities that present themselves.
6. Never say never! Think of ways you can, rather than how and why you can’t, and be sure to be needs – oriented and directed.
7. Know, and then enhance your personal abilities (existing and potential), and utilize your strengths in the best way possible. When you look longer term, the actions you take are invariably far more sustainable.
Don’t worry about having fears, and don’t be afraid of circumstances! Rather, overcome your fears by addressing these 7 ACTIONS.