We’re fast approaching the end of January and statistics show that the vast majority of people have broken their New Year resolutions!
So what next? Wait to next year?
I think not!
If you’ve already fallen off the resolution horse, you don’t have to wait to 2017 to get back on. Follow these 5 tips and try again NOW!
- Make Fewer Resolutions – it’s far better to succeed in one or two goals than fail in 20!
- Don’t Make Snap Resolutions – these are meant to be permanent life aims, not the first things that pop into your head.
- Be Realistic – if you haven’t seen the inside of a gym for a decade, aiming for 5 visits a week is unlikely to be sustainable, is it?
- Embrace Failure – if you’ve broken a resolution, consider it a tiny setback – get back up and get back on that horse again!
- Tell Everyone – the shame of failing in front of friends and family is significant motivation for most – find someone who you can share your goals with.
So, don’t go off moping in the corner – get back on the horse and achieve your goals in the rest of 2016!
Parts of this article were originally published in Coachmag.co.uk
Latest posts by Tony Lockwood (see all)
- 10 Beliefs Stopping You from having a Career that you are Passionate About! - February 26, 2016